Tuesday, November 12, 2019

10.1 Laser Cutting

I worked with Emma to create a laser cut ice cream sundae. Emma crafted bowls out of laser cut cardboard by making circles in incremental sizes to be placed on on top of the other. The corrugation within the cardboard shows when stacked, echoing a cut glass design as one would see on a bowl. I drew and then laser etched and cut out pieces to form an ice cream sundae on bristol paper. After, these were painted with watercolors. These elements will be assembled within the bowls. Pictures are to come of the final assembly.




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your project! How fun and whimsical! You not only did a great job with the laser cutting but also transforming the material. I can barely tell what material you used (possibly wood) because of how well you both painted your designs. You should make a whole series out of this!

    ReplyDelete

14.2 Final Project: Dance + Community + Sound

For my final project I wanted to look at how movement and sound are naturally generated in a community setting. However, as I thought more a...