Tuesday, October 8, 2019

5/2 Scanography Takeaways

I really enjoyed the scanography process as well as the outcome. I feel that this way of making would lend itself well to children’s art making. The process is reasonably simple, technically speaking, and many outcomes could be achieved by way of small adjustments of the objects arranged on the glass surface of the scanner. I would love to see children not only explore this media, perhaps by providing them a few objects they could place and move on the scanner surface first. Then, once children feel confident in the process, it could be engaging for them to capture items of personal significance to them that they bring in from home. I can envision some really exciting outcomes from the use of scanography with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

14.2 Final Project: Dance + Community + Sound

For my final project I wanted to look at how movement and sound are naturally generated in a community setting. However, as I thought more a...