Tuesday, November 19, 2019

11.3 Dice

When I rolled the final project dice, I received community, dance, and sound/audacity. With these, I am trying to think of a concept that would allow sound to be made in the moment through a group interaction with a piece. Following the challenges with the Impact 25 work and anonymity, I want to be careful and selective about the community that is invited to interact with the piece and outline clear expectations -- though this may be achieved through my presence recording at the time of the activity. I want to discuss with my classmates what could be an engaging, yet simple construction that could yield many sound outcomes when interacted with. In terms of dance, I am considering this concept loosely as movement of the body. Perhaps the piece could engage in such a way that it forces participants to contort or move their body in a specific way in order to yield a sound. I'm curious about how I could create a record of these movements or if the act will be sufficient in and of itself. In short, I am at the beginning stages of conceptualizing what I would like to accomplish with this challenge, though I have some clear guidelines I would like to stick to in its execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

14.2 Final Project: Dance + Community + Sound

For my final project I wanted to look at how movement and sound are naturally generated in a community setting. However, as I thought more a...