Tuesday, November 5, 2019

9/2 Scratch Experience and the Art Classroom

I have for the most part enjoyed working in scratch. It definitely entertains an exciting problem-solving way of thinking around problems. I have found that if I approach Scratch with a fixed idea it is less effective than if I have a more general idea of what I would like to accomplish and attempt to find a close solution. Once I became comfortable searching out answers and tutorials on the internet, I also found that there are a lot of resources available in this regard. As such, I was able to achieve, within reason, the outcome I desired.

I would be interested in incorporating Scratch into the art classroom. I think it could be an excellent free resource simply for its functionality as a free program to practice digital drawing, an aspect of the platform that I really enjoyed. Additionally, it could be used for more narrative expressions which could be exciting for children to retell events from their lives, perhaps, once they have grown comfortable with the interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment

14.2 Final Project: Dance + Community + Sound

For my final project I wanted to look at how movement and sound are naturally generated in a community setting. However, as I thought more a...